Technicolor Line: A New Episode

Monday, October 24, 2005

Tired Eyes

It was a lazy afternoon. It brought tears into my eyes and quiet hatred in my heart. I want to show more consistency to my parents. I have neither lived up to their expectations nor did great things to impress them. There was a long silence after my conversation with my mom.

I've learned to forgive once again. Regardless of the fact that I can't cope up anymore. Secrets perturbed me and everything fell apart not until....

I divulged it.

She rested her conclusion on that fact. "Damn the world," I said to myself. I took a nap to somehow embrace mental tranquility. After a few minutes, my mom woke me up. We had to go out.

When we had arrived at the mall, my mom and I parted ways. I went to a store and looked for a necklace. While I was so engaged finding the perfect chain, a strikingly beautiful woman got my attention. It became unnerving for us who were all there to handle.

Her dark hair fell to her shoulders, her bright blue eyes charmed with their unchanging glow, and her sexy figure matched perfectly with her golden brown skin, enough for some women to be envious.

Self-depreciation ensnared me. It wasn't the only feeling though. I knew it. She was the copywriter. I've met her before. I damn even know a lot of things about her which she'll never admit to her lover and even to her closest friends.

That foreign woman and unknown things about her.

I told the saleslady the chain I've chosen and tried to checkout for more. I consciously looked at that foreign woman right beside me. She caught my cramped stare. She smiled. Pause. On purpose she swayed her bag toward my butt. Pause. I gave her my puzzled look. She smiled her message. The saleslady asked for her choice. With her provocative accent, she told me, "Got no peso."

I didn't know what to say. My alarmed heart must have escaped from my chest if I didn't manage to say, "Ummm... But that one looks perfect on you."

Uneasy silence.

The saleslady called me with the necklace on her hand. We both headed toward the cashier.

Damn the world---I said for the second time.

2 Comments:

  • ..damn the world,
    who decides how to live
    a life to please those who
    can't live a life inspired from within themselves...

    Hallo from the land of snow, windmills wooden shoes and lots of water....
    Found your blog by accidence via your posting at feby's..

    just a harmless virus;
    http://poetry-virus.diaryland.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:41 pm  

  • ..i mean the the very purple blog...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home