Technicolor Line: A New Episode

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Singer, Dish and Movie

Winston Churchill To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day.

I woke up at 11:00 AM with a wild headache. I found myself sleeping at somebody else's place. I wanted more sleep but I couldn't. I should be home before 2 PM for me to be able to come with my familia in my sister's mall show at Robinsons Pioneer.

My sister sang "I Turn To You" and "Dirrty"; both Christina Aguilera songs. She looked very beautiful and gave the audience a stunning performance. Every so often, I let my friends hear a sound clip of her song. Earlier, I've just recorded a video clip of her perfomance. That's a fantastic and extraordinary thing everyone would love to see. I turned to be a very proud sister.

Over and over again, I can't refuse to give in to every mouth-watering dish my mom cooks. She is an outstanding cook, I tell you. Yesterday, I thought of cooking a pasta. Jella came with me to the Supermarket and together we bought its ingredients.

As I've reached home, immediately, I cooked the pasta. Tough work for me. It was my very first time to actually cook and let somebody else review the taste critically. The process became nerve-racking.

I am so glad that the first person I chose to have it as a meal went satisfied with my pasta's taste and convinced me that I was able to prepare a good meal. When we let other people taste it without the initial information that I cooked it showed their sense of taste pleased.

I caught the award-winning movie "Ang Pagdadalaga ni Maximo Oliveros" last night. I highly rate the movie for it touched me in a brilliant way. It is about a gay boy named Maxi. With a juvenile heart and confused mind yet very dedicated and dutiful to his father and two old brothers.

His day can't be brought to an end without him performing duties a plain housewife does. The genuine love Maxi gives them shifted to the rise of their complete acceptance to this gay boy. They even treat him as a young virgin woman.

Living with his family in a heavily populated area in Manila, his brothers and father can't agree to any alternative for their survival other than executing criminal actions. This lead to Maxi's encounter with his handsome policeman Victor.

The movie isn't just about the pain of love not being requited but also how to be the commander in choosing between imperfect yet caring and affectionate family over the tricky potential love as one's own self being the channel in the middle.

2 Comments:

  • wow...that spaghetti looks appealing... cheers to you! :)

    By Blogger Lica, at 12:42 am  

  • Hey Ayie!

    Great to hear that your sis can sing so well. That's awesome!

    And the spaghetti looks appealing.. :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home